Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I used coasters, my bind-it-all, 3/8 in red wire, foil, nestabilities, Teresa Collins CRUSH, various Cuttlebug folders, Studio G inks, and Embossed Velvet Flowers.
I used my cricut to cut out the letters LOVE, then embossed each of them inside a different cuttlebug folder. For easier inking, I did a reverse technique where I inked the raised section of one side of the folder before running it through the machine. This makes it SUPER easy to get the inking applied in a specific area.
Thanks to inspiration from Candice, I went a little doodle crazy with a white pen. I used a few brads with the flowers, and simply snipped the backs off and used glue dots.
This paper is so luxurious and sweet that I felt it needed some bling. The nestabilites cut the foil like butter!! I was amazed at how beautiful this project came out!! From start to finish it took about an hour. Worth every minute!!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Cindy at http://www.stampingscrapping.com/ has announced a Design Team Call.
- There will be 2 rounds… the first round will be open to all participants. Round 2 will be the top five. From those five, you, the blog reader will be able to vote for your favorite, Cindy and the Design Team will choose who will get 2 spots on the team.
- Each entry must be created with products sold on Cindy’s site, http://www.stampingscrapping.com/ . MINIMAL accessories can be used that are not listed. However at least 80% must be available on her site.
- The first theme is Valentine’s Day. You can submit your layout, altered project, or card of your chosing. Chose something that best showcases your talent and unique style. Please send project to
9450 Trinity Oaks Drive
Alto, MI 49302
- Deadline to recieve the first theme is Friday February 6th.
- Participants will be judged on uniqueness, creativity, use of diverse products, and ability to showcase scrapbook products.
- Each entry must include a list of every product used on the project. Please make sure your name, e mail and phone number are also on the project.
The winners will get:
A space on the Design Team which includes:
- chance to participate in design team challenges
- perks associated with being on the design team including discounts, free product, and many chances to be published on Cindy's site and the design team blog http://www.stampingscrappingdesignteam.blogspot.com/
Hi! It's me, Michelle, each of the design team members will be taking turns posting projects, new products, challenges, and some other new and exciting stuff!!
Today I am bringing you a super fast and easy, yet beautiful card.
For this project I used:
- Warm Red Chalk ColorBox
I was surprised at the size of the of the Nestabilities. As you can see in the photo, the largest of the dies is 4x6. This is a FABULOUS size for cards, also this size is amazing on layouts. I folded my cardstock in half and used the largest size to cut out the card.
Since I was adding the large flower to the left, I made sure to emboss the right side. After running the card through my cuttlebug machine with the Houndstooth folder, I lightly inked the front and edges with the chalk inkpad.
For the finishing touches, I stamped on the large brad using Staz-on Cotton White and used the Spellbinder labels with a sentiment from the Series 26. I attached the sentiment and the flowers with brads from my stash.
Keep checking back for more goodies and surprises from the design team!!